Tuesday, July 26, 2005

All in a [nights] work

Normally I bring you posts in the very dead of night, sleep deprived and deranged. This post follows in that tradition, so much so that it comes on what the civilized world would consider the next day. Why? I'll tell you why: PROGRESS. See, I'm in motion pictures. And it was some kind of weekend for motion pictures, let me tell you. Post production on the current project is coming along smashingly, as Comrade Wyshywaniuk and I have achieved two solid nights of editing in recent days. And potentially more importantly, we, along with Comrade Kroliczak, have discovered a cache of scrap lumber so sizable that we are now discussing the possibilty of building several pirate ships (for the upcoming smash-hit Underhouse production "A Night On the Virgin Bride"), as well as a tree fort, several hundred bird houses, and gallows. But achievements like these come at a cost: the cost of staying up very very late, so that the next day you can simply not get out of bed before noon, and you find it nearly impossible to ge to work before midnight. The next thing you know you're at work from 2am to 7am, and preparing for bed at 9am, knowing full well you must be up by 5 because you have dinner plans with an elderly Czecholslovakian woman.

Though honestly, I don't consider this a problem. I actually feel sorry for all you daylighters. Whilst you all are toiling under the oppressive summer sun, I will be sound asleep in a dark airconditioned room, dreaming the dreams of one who is in motion pictures; dreams of cash advances, dreams of free promotional items, dreams of the university lecture circuit.

So I have chosen my side. It is that of the raccoons. Let them be my tiny furry sherpas in this treacherous land we call night.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. The day is, for the mostpart, terrible and over-rated. The day in the fall is kind of nice, but other than that, night is where its at.

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obviously you and your comrades won't be using that scrap lumber to build any pirate ships. I propose a bonfire to ring in ought-seven...or perhaps the dropping of a giant wooden ball.

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home